Posted: Saturday, July 15, 2017 4:07 AM
The Sterile Processing Technician is responsible for the decontamination, preparation, and sterilization of equipment. Effectively maintains the National Standards and Recommended Practices for Sterilization, and promotes collaboration with physicians, nursing staff, department heads, and personnel of other departments. The Sterile Processing Technician adheres to national, state, and hospital department policies.
Essential Job Functions:
· Cleans department and sets up workstations according to department standards
· Demonstrates competence in selecting the appropriate chemical solutions for sterile processing washers and operation of washers.
· Receives contaminated reusable surgical instruments, and demonstrates competence in selecting the appropriate cleaning or disinfection method.
· Identifies tray type by contents of instrument tray. Identifies instruments that do not function properly, and replaces or reports instruments that need repair or that are missing.
· Selects appropriate packing material according to type of sterilization techniques to be used. Labels sterilized products with identification and sterilization indicators as in accordance with AORN and AAMI recommendations.
· Follows instructions for operation of sterilization equipment. Maintains the integrity of sterilized packages when loading sterilization carts, and after initial cool down period.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=01574-78200&lang=en
• Location: Lubbock
• Post ID: 14339743 lubbock