Northeast Methodist Hospital has played a major role in the phenomenal economic growth experienced in northeast Bexar County. Located in the city of Live Oak at Interstate 35 and Judson Road, Northeast Methodist Hospital has undergone major renovations to upgrade and expand the facility and services to better meet the needs of this area. The expansion facilitated advanced services in 24-hour emergency, surgical, cardiovascular (three cardiac cath labs with electrophysiology capabilities) units, a spacious intensive care unit and inpatient rehabilitation services. A new orthopedic service has recently been implemented – The Joint Replacement Academy – offering the latest treatment options for knee and hip pain. Northeast Methodist Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care and is designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center.
What sets us apart is that we recognize and value the unique needs of each of our patients. It is a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve our community when they need us most. Many of our patients find that our staff is among the friendliest group of people you will meet.
Ours is a hospital that is patient-focused and staffed by health care experts who genuinely care for the well-being of others. It is our promise—as part of Methodist Healthcare’s mission of Serving Humanity to Honor God.
General Statement of Duties:
The Histology Technician I prepares and processes tissue specimens for examination and diagnosis by a pathologist; maintains instruments, and performs and monitors quality control.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Prepares and processes surgical, autopsy, bone marrow, body fluids, and biopsy specimens for gross and microscopic examination by a pathologist.
2. Prepares frozen sections of surgical specimens for microscopic examination by a pathologist.
3. Prepares solutions for stains and special procedures.
4. Performs preventive maintenance on common instruments and keeps records of maintenance as prescribed.
5. Understands and performs basic quality control: identifies quality control problems, participates in quality assurance monitors.
6. Answers telephones, communicates verified test results by phone, types procedures, files paperwork and slides, faxes documents, and performs data entry/retrieval as may be required, assists with inventory of supplies.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=01574-72507&lang=en
• Post ID: 12951373 lubbock