Posted: Sunday, July 9, 2017 9:26 PM
The ED Tech is a part of the Emergency Department patient care team who collaboratively works in a complementary and assistive role with nursing staff. The ED Tech performs a variety of delegated tasks under the supervision of the registered nurse. The Tech assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with one’s training, competence, skill, and Hospital policies and procedures. Consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, adequately stocked, and safe patient environment.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Under the supervision of the RN, the ED Tech performs delegated patient care activities as directed in accordance with one’s training, competence, and skill.
2. Proficiently sets up for procedures performed in the Emergency Department and assists RN as directed.
3. Communicates accurate information for delegated patient care activities performed, which include observed patient response to performed activities to the assigned RN in a written or verbal format following hand-off communication guidelines.
4. Consistently maintains adequate stocking to PAR levels of patient care supplies and equipment kept in the department.
5. Is knowledgeable about, and demonstrates proficient use of department equipment to include:
- Tracking of equipment
- Cleaning of instruments at point of use
- Utilizing Sterile Processing Department (as appropriate)
6. Consistently assists with maintaining a safe patient environment to include: following all patient safety initiatives, hand hygiene, and use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as appropriate following transmission base precaution procedures.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=01574-77654&lang=en
• Location: Lubbock
• Post ID: 14339533 lubbock