The CT Technologist performs diagnostic procedures to include 3-D acquisitions, reconstructions’ biopsy and drainage exams utilizing a CT scanner and imaging equipment using the principles of computerized tomography. He/she is responsible for exam data entry within the Radiology Information System. Additional duties include charging/ordering supplies for quality control in the CT area; conducts quality control of assigned individual scans and assists in training new technologists/students.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Demonstrates competency in all areas of computerized tomography (CT), positioning, procedure preparation, and technical factors associated with the CT Systems. Will display knowledge in the use of all other equipment used in CT Scan, such as: power injectors, stereotactic biopsy equipment, biopsy and drainage needles and devices, and any other devices/equipment used in CT.
2. Responsible for the proper use of the Radiology Computer System (scheduling exams, patient tracking, film tracking, proper completion of exams, capture charges).
3. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care to neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
4. Will follow safety policies and procedures applicable to the job, recognizes impending crisis situations and institutes measures (such as adjusting priorities) to prevent further complications and makes a report to their supervisor.
5. Maintains cleanliness and inventory of the lab to include equipment and facilities. Will follow proper disinfection techniques, restocks supplies as necessary, carts or work area will be cleaned and stocked at the completion of each shift.
6. Must be able to complete assignments independently and to work as part of a team; to take instructions from supervisors; to exercise problem-solving skills; and to interact with co-workers, supervisors, patients, vendors and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=01574-75462&lang=en
• Post ID: 12289984 lubbock