Northeast Methodist Hospital has played a major role in the phenomenal economic growth experienced in northeast Bexar County. Located in the city of Live Oak at Interstate 35 and Judson Road, Northeast Methodist Hospital has undergone major renovations to upgrade and expand the facility and services to better meet the needs of this area. The expansion facilitated advanced services in 24-hour emergency, surgical, cardiovascular (three cardiac cath labs with electrophysiology capabilities) units, a spacious intensive care unit and inpatient rehabilitation services. A new orthopedic service has recently been implemented – The Joint Replacement Academy – offering the latest treatment options for knee and hip pain. Northeast Methodist Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care and is designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center.
What sets us apart is that we recognize and value the unique needs of each of our patients. It is a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve our community when they need us most. Many of our patients find that our staff is among the friendliest group of people you will meet.
Ours is a hospital that is patient-focused and staffed by health care experts who genuinely care for the well-being of others. It is our promise—as part of Methodist Healthcare’s mission of Serving Humanity to Honor God.
General Statement of Duties:
The Clinical Lab Assistant works under the supervision of the Lab Director and the lab supervisors. He/she processes specimens for the section, performs routine laboratory tests for diagnosis and treatment of disease, sets up instruments and performs basic equipment maintenance. Assists with ensuring all regulatory lab standards are met through following policies and procedures of the Hospital and accrediting regulatory agencies.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Processes specimens for the section; prepares blood smears and body fluid slides, centrifuges specimens, streaks microbiology plates, prepares specimens for transport to reference labs.
2. Understands laboratory methods, demonstrates knowledge of pathological processes with correlation of disease states and test results. Independently performs specimen processing and testing to include moderate complexity testing.
3. Sets up instruments and performs basic equipment maintenance. Performs basic quality control as instructed, collects quality assurance data.
4. Performs clerical duties such as answering telephones, communicating verified test results by phone, typing procedures, performing data entry/retrieval as may be required, filing paperwork and slides, faxing documents, and assisting with inventory of supplies.
5. May perform phlebotomy, point-of-care and waived testing as designated.
6. Performs work in accordance with laboratory regulatory standards.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=01574-76270&lang=en
• Post ID: 12951358 lubbock