Posted: Thursday, May 18, 2017 4:20 AM
|Northeast Methodist Hospital has played a major role in the phenomenal economic growth experienced in northeast Bexar County. Located in the city of Live Oak at Interstate 35 and Judson Road, Northeast Methodist Hospital has undergone major renovations to upgrade and expand the facility and services to better meet the needs of this area. The expansion facilitated advanced services in 24-hour emergency, surgical, cardiovascular (three cardiac cath labs with electrophysiology capabilities) units, a spacious intensive care unit and inpatient rehabilitation services. A new orthopedic service has recently been implemented – The Joint Replacement Academy – offering the latest treatment options for knee and hip pain. Northeast Methodist Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care and is designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. |
What sets us apart is that we recognize and value the unique needs of each of our patients. It is a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve our community when they need us most. Many of our patients find that our staff is among the friendliest group of people you will meet. Ours is a hospital that is patient-focused and staffed by health care experts who genuinely care for the well-being of others. It is our promise—as part of Methodist Healthcare’s mission of Serving Humanity to Honor God.
General Statement of Duties:
The RN Clinical Educator is a professional Registered Nurse with in-depth scientific knowledge, technical expertise, skill and competency that serves as a consultant and resource in the specialty area and supports System nursing initiatives and the overall nursing strategic plan. The RN Clinical Educator participates in the development of nursing education and programs that facilitate forward movement in nursing. Acts as a change agent by suggesting new or innovative approaches based on evidence-based nursing practices that result in improvements in quality outcomes. In conjunction with the Unit Director(s), he/she continuously applies and shares knowledge regarding regulatory standards, laws, and Hospital policies and procedures with supported staff.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Develops plans and presents educational activities within areas of expertise and directly or indirectly fosters the development of competence in the learner.
2. Works with intra-or interdisciplinary teams, brainstorms and problem solves and participates in strategic planning.
3. Serves as a change agent at the organizational, facility and department level. Facilitates the initiation of, adoption of, and adaptation to change and influences the necessary policies and procedures.
4. Assists individuals and groups in defining problems, identification of internal and external educational resources, and selecting educational options. Provides feedback to the learners and organization related to the effectiveness of the learning and learning activity.
5. Integrates research into practice and develops staff members’ knowledge and skills in the research process, as well as fosters the use of systematic evaluative research with regard to clinical, educational, and managerial data. Evaluates outcomes of educational endeavors and tracks learner outcomes in line with evidence-based practice.
6. Manages overall program activities, including human and monetary resources. Ensures that educational activities are congruent with the organization’s mission, vision and goals. Models behaviors that reflect participation and leadership in activities within the organization, such as serving in key roles on committees, councils, and administrative teams.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=01574-73889&lang=en
• Location: Lubbock
• Post ID: 12339491 lubbock