Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. From the beginning, we've recognized the unique needs of each of our patients. It's a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve the community when they need us the most. Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, bone marrow transplant, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. Methodist Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care and is designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. We deeply value our staff and our patients. As the flagship hospital of the Medical Center and of the Methodist Healthcare system of hospitals, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community in being ranked No. 1 in the Express - News Reader's Choice Awards from 2009-2013. We also enjoy being the most preferred hospital in San Antonio, as consistently reported by the Consumer Research Corporation.
- Coordinates, directs, assesses, modifies, and formulates an appropriate staff assignment plan.
- Serves as the primary decision maker for clinical operations during a given shift and modifies staff assignment/mix according to the changes in patient acuity and/or volume.
- Role models professional standards of behavior of the nursing practice as evidenced by the nurse practice act.
- Serves as primary resource for the unit, to other nursing personnel, physicians, and other members of the team. Ensures evidence–based care measures are followed and demonstrates effective clinical leadership skills.
- Demonstrates successful conflict resolution skills.
- Consistently demonstrates ME standards of behavior and holds staff accountable for the same.
- Supports the mission and vision of the Methodist Healthcare System.
- Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules
- Adheres to the MHS Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community.
- Serves as a mentor/preceptor for the unit and actively participates in unit based meetings.
- Participates in interviewing and recruiting new personnel.
- Cross trains for other functions or positions to ensure satisfactory operation of the department or to permit flexible staffing assignments.
- Facilitates the promotion of teamwork
- Assists in monitoring productivity, and identifies areas for improvement.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=01574-74562&lang=en
• Post ID: 12296881 lubbock