Pharmacy Technician II Compound - FT, Nights (rotating weekends) - HCA (San Antonio Live Oak, Texas)
Posted: Sunday, July 23, 2017 4:53 PM
Full Time - Nights (rotating weekends)
Northeast Methodist Hospital has played a major role in the phenomenal economic growth experienced in northeast Bexar County. Located in the city of Live Oak at Interstate 35 and Judson Road, Northeast Methodist Hospital has undergone major renovations to upgrade and expand the facility and services to better meet the needs of this area. The expansion facilitated advanced services in 24-hour emergency, surgical, cardiovascular (three cardiac cath labs with electrophysiology capabilities) units, a spacious intensive care unit and inpatient rehabilitation services. A new orthopedic service has recently been implemented – The Joint Replacement Academy – offering the latest treatment options for knee and hip pain. Northeast Methodist Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care and is designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center.
What sets us apart is that we recognize and value the unique needs of each of our patients. It is a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve our community when they need us most. Many of our patients find that our staff is among the friendliest group of people you will meet.
Ours is a hospital that is patient-focused and staffed by health care experts who genuinely care for the well-being of others. It is our promise—as part of Methodist Healthcare’s mission of Serving Humanity to Honor God.
General Statement of Duties:
The Pharmacy Technician II (Compounding) performs duties under the direct supervision of a pharmacist and assists in the processing, preparation, and dispensing of patient medication orders according to professional standards and practices. . He/she demonstrates skill in sterile compounding preparation which may include hazardous drug preparation (chemo certification training).
Essential Job Functions:
1. Accurately fills medication orders in the pharmacy. Accurately and safely compounds and labels medications and parenteral admixtures. Compounding of Sterile Preparations may include chemotherapy and total parenteral nutrition with demonstrated competencies. Accurately performs required calculations. Always utilizes aseptic techniques in the preparation of parenteral compounding. Compliant with all USP 797 shift/daily/monthly requirements (i.e. Cleaning laminar airflow cabinets and biological safety cabinets, wearing personal protective equipment, etc.)
Always obtains a final check from the pharmacist before releasing any prepared parenteral compounds, before packaging any medication, or delivering any medication. Processes medication returns and restocking to the pharmacy. Accurately packages and prepares medications for dispensing as assigned. Accurately transports medications and other pharmacy supplies in a timely manner to appropriate areas while maintaining proper storage and security of medications throughout the organization.
2. Performs daily ADC routines as assigned (i.e. restocks, outdates, discrepancy resolution, loading and unloading, etc.) Replenishes ADCs, emergency cart trays and floor stock accurately and in a timely manner. Troubleshoots ADC issues; able to re-configure ADCs and perform build and set up functions. Under direction, will adjust medication min/max PAR levels. Provides basic technical support for automated dispensing machines and other pharmacy computer systems. Performs all necessary functions on the pharmacy computer system which may include: patient profile inquiry, debit/credit medications, pharmacy reports/fill lists, print labels, and billing inquiry.
3. Accurately performs routine manufacturing and prepackaging maintaining accurate and complete record logs. Ensures that a pharmacist checks all work. Performs receiving and check in of medication/supply orders. Appropriately and timely notifies the pharmacy inventory manager of products that need to be reordered, shortages, overages and damaged product. Assists in management of drug supplies in a cost effective manner and identified opportunities to minimize waste. Assists the purchasing agent/department by ensuring that all expired and recalled medications are removed from inventory and stored in the appropriate area. Restocks shelves in respective areas and orders via the pharmacy want book.
4. Identifies critical issues, prioritizes workload and communicates to appropriate personnel any issues in a timely manner. Interacts in person and by phone with hospital personnel in a polite and respectful manner.
5. Performs unit/area inspections as well as expiration date checking when scheduled and submits appropriate documentation when completed. . Prepares all work records needed for the day including USP 797 cleaning documentation, batch logs, census reports, outdate reports and unload reports. Complies with ongoing processes to monitor outdates as per department procedures.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=01574-75564&lang=en
• Location: Lubbock
• Post ID: 13997593 lubbock