General Statement of Duties: The Director of Patient Safety is responsible for the design, planning, leadership, implementation, and evaluation of the facility Patient Safety and Risk Management Program in concert with the hospital(s) Mission, Vision and Values, Code of Conduct and overall Strategic Plan.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Develops, plans and implements facility policies and objectives for risk and patient safety initiatives to enhance the quality of services. Analyzes healthcare processes and patient care outcomes, develops outcome measures and monitors sensitive quality outcome indicators to identify areas for improvement. Evaluates the impact of improvement activities.
2. Oversees sentinel event investigations to include in-depth clinical chronologies and root cause analysis activities within the facility to reduce risks and increase patient safety.
3. Reviews and analyzes facility occurrence reports to identify clinical risk issues. Facilitates investigation and follow-up on events with the appropriate directors/VPs. Oversees recall processes and assures that any required reporting to the FDA/Medsun is done in full compliance with the Safe Medical Device Act (SMDA).
4. Initiates Probable Claims Reports (PCR) as appropriate. Investigates, utilizes medical record review, interviews and other methods necessary to provide adequate information for the report.
5. Facilitates the investigation and resolution of patient complaints and grievances. Initiates and/or reviews correspondence to patient/family following established timelines.
6. Facilitates implementation and completion of elements for the annual HCI Risk Reduction Program. Communicates the results of the quarterly Risk Metrics results to managers/ VPs and Senior Leaders. Facilitates development and communication of appropriate action plans for identified outliers.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=01574-77741&lang=en
• Post ID: 13996813 lubbock