Northeast Methodist Hospital has
played a major role in the phenomenal economic growth experienced in northeast
Bexar County. Located in the city of Live Oak at Interstate 35 and Judson Road,
Northeast Methodist Hospital has undergone significant renovations to
completely upgrade and expand the facility and services to better meet the needs
of the surrounding communities. We are well-known for our dedication to our
patients and the community.
What sets us apart is that we
recognize and value the unique needs of each of our patients. It is a process
that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve our community
when they need us most.
Many of our patients find that our staff is among the
friendliest group of people you will meet.
Ours is a hospital that is
patient-focused and staffed by health care experts who genuinely care for the
well-being of others. It is our promise to you—as part of Methodist
Healthcare’s mission of Serving Humanity to Honor God.
General Statement of Duties:
The Director, Nursing is responsible to the Senior Director, Vice President and/or the Chief Nursing Officer for facilitating, coordinating and delegating the delivery of patient care to a defined group of patients during their entire hospitalization period. The Director, Nursing provides leadership and overall responsibility for the functioning of assigned clinical patient care/procedural unit(s). She/he is responsible 24 hours a day, with full accountability, for the staffing and management of patient care in each of his/her units, for promoting the practice of professional nursing in a specified patient care area, and for the acquisition, development, and utilization of resources (human and material) needed to fulfill those responsibilities. She/he acts as a liaison between physicians and the patient care team and works cooperatively with administrators, physicians, staff, other managers and all customers of the Methodist Healthcare System to provide services, which consistently meet and exceed the expectations of their customers. This is accomplished by assessing and prioritizing opportunities to improve, plan and implement effective changes and evaluate outcomes of process improvement activities. The Director, Nursing models behavior consistent with the MHS management philosophy.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Builds and maintains a high functioning team.
2. Manages and provides guidance and direction to first line supervisors/charge personnel including interviewing, work allocation, orientation and training, staff development, problem resolution, evaluating performance, making recommendations for personnel actions, and motivation of employees to achieve peak performance. Is responsible for meeting unit productivity targets.
3. Manages and plans for unit and clinical activities including supervising the treatment and care of the patients.
4. Responsible for organizing, directing, teaching and evaluating total nursing care within area of responsibility, including ensuring adequate staffing.
5. Participates in the planning, development and management of operational and equipment budgets annually. Provides financial variance analysis reports in a timely manner. Reviews monthly financial statistics and plans expenditures according to budget limitations. Manages the ongoing implementation of approved plans.
6. Anticipates the purchase or replacement of equipment with input from staff and physicians. Implements the equipment purchase process. Anticipates and recommends needs for added space and needed services not provided by the organization.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=01574-77560&lang=en